A better day

Hi everyone

Well! after yesterday's fiasco I set out today to get hold of some white EP in order to continue with my making of samples.  At the same time I thought I would also get another white pigment ink pad & if possible one of those bottles of ink pad refills.

Firstly - no refills for white pads, secondly the ink pad although labelled white - didn't look very much so, but I bought it anyway.  Plus I managed to find a white EP.

So it looks like things are looking up.  No, no, no!  On returning home & sitting down to make my samples I start to open the jar of EP.  A sort of cellophane wrap around it eventually came off - so that left me to just untwist the lid & get started.  Again - no, no, no.  The lid would not budge.  So I called in the heavy brigade (sorry Bob - no offence meant) - but he couldn't open it either.  In the end I found an empty pot & Bob cut the original pot open.  To my surprise the white EP did not look very white.  Was this old stock?  Had this one gone off too? I don't suppose we will ever know.  It does emboss quite white - so I guess it is OK.  The outcome is that "sample 2" that I was working on yesterday seems now to work OK.  This left me with sample 1.

So - for sample 1 - this morning I took another approach - you will remember from yesterday that the ink was "pilling" - so today I decided to use a pigment ink as the base ink rather than dye-based ink & see how the technique worked that way.  Much better - but when using the markers you have to be careful you don't wipe the pigment ink off the stamp.  All will be revealed at your meetings.

Isn't this fun!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko