A few cards

Good evening everyone.

Tonight I can show you a few cards I have made over the last week - it is a very slow start to some card making but at least it is a start.

This first card is for a friends daughter who got engaged at Christmas


I didn't have a suitable stamp but as luck would have it one of the magazines I picked up after Christmas had an article on digital stamps & this was one of the free ones.  Just perfect.  I coloured with Promarkers & used peel-offs for the greeting & their names.  The fun part was trying to create the beard on Sam - it's not brilliant but I think they will appreciate what I was trying to do.

Then here is a couple of views of the card I made for Bob for his birthday;



I don't often use pre-printed backing papers, but have so much of it I thought this year I would try & use it up.  This swirly pattern went quite well I thought.  I used a rugby stamped image along with the greeting, & coloured in with Promarkers.

Finally another 2 birthday cards I have made this year;


I like the spotlight technique & do use it a lot when using this particular stamp.  The spotlight this time is a square - most frequently it is a circle which is a more fitting shape for the name.


For this card it was time to play with embossing folders & dies.  I couldn't get the colour quite right in the photograph, as I think it has come out a little brighter than I made it.  The floral image has been stamped & then embossed with gold embossing powder.

So quite a good start to the New Year & trying to make all my cards.  I made myself that promise last New Year & managed it including all my Christmas Cards this year - oops last year now.  So with the wedding during the year & making all our wedding stationary including a guest book I guess I haven't done too badly.

That's me for tonight then - I hope you have had a good day.  More tomorrow - night night.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post