faux leather

Hi everyone

Ooh I did enjoy that play & can't wait to have another go.  The faux leather (for those who haven't seen it on C&C with Sheena Douglass) starts off as a piece of kraft card which is then treated with a water & glycerin mixture.  This is followed by being embossed in an embossing folder then treated with inks

I didn't have any proper kraft card - but I do have a pile of kraft thin card folders - so I cut up one of those.

Here is my play


All set up ready to go


The card after being sprayed several times, both sides, with the glycerin water mix, scrunched - then put through the E-bosser in an embossing folder.


after being inked with Vintage Photo & Spiced Marmalade



then inked with Fired Brick & Black Soot.
The Black Soot was used mainly to highlight the embossed image


After the final stage of being sprayed with Crafter's Companion - Spray & Shine.

When I showed it to Bob - as I do all my new techniques I try - he said "I didn't know you could emboss leather in the E-bosser".  Success!!!!  He was quite surprised when I said it was card.  That is the result we all want, isn't it?

I don't think I will be using this piece - I want to keep it - but will definitely being playing some more.  Also I will be investing in some good quality Kraft card too.

HERE is a link to Sheen Douglass's You Tube video on how she does this - will give you more detail than I have here.

That's me for now.  'Bye.

Comments

  1. Haven't seen this on C&C but have got the link through Facebook ready to watch when I get a few minutes...wonder if I've got any glycerine in stock? It looks great - be wonderful for masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have tried this when I came across Sheen's tutorial. I love it, and like you I couldn't give it away. Time consuming, but not difficult.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko