frustrating play

... hmmmm! I have had that sort of day craft wise.

I set time aside today to work on samples for the forthcoming club nights & put myself on a path of frustration.

The first sample I inked the stamp & the ink "puddled" on the rubber.  It was a stamp I hadn't used for a while so I cleaned the ink off & used a stamp cleaner on it to remove any old residue that might be on it. I then left that to one side & tried another stamp - a clear stamp this time - same problem.  I was using dye-based ink pads, including Distress Ink pads.  We all know the tip of storing single colour ink pads upside down to keep the ink on the surface of the pad - but I think where I hadn't used some of these for a while there was too much ink on the surface.  I decided to Google the problem of which way up for storage.  That didn't really help as there were "fors" & "againsts" for either way.  So I decided to leave that technique for a while & store them up the right way to see if they did dry a little.

The second sample I needed to use embossing ink which was then to be embossed with white Embossing Powder.  Couldn't seem to find my white embossing powder.  Did eventually - but it had gone off.  Now I have been asked about this quite often & I have always said that EP's do have a shelf life, but no-one really knows what it is.  Well, my white is definitely off - you can tell by the colour.  I am going to bring it along to club nights so that you can see.  Still I wanted to try the technique so I thought - I will use it anyway.  I wasn't that impressed with the result, but continued with the whole of the technique.  Still wasn't too impressed.  So I gave up for the day & made the decision - go out tomorrow & get some white EP.

When I came in here just now to write the blog I took a look at the samples of the second technique & to my surprise they look quite good, therefore they will look even better with the right - or should I say white - EP.  That leaves me the task of sorting out the over wet ink pads.

There you have it my frustrating play day.  I hope you have not had problems.

That's me for today - more tomorrow - perhaps with an update on the above samples.

Night night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko