just chatting

Hello everyone.

This could be quite a long chat - unless I decide to cut it short.

My mixed media card - it wasn't right - something else was needed.  Then just before falling asleep last night I had a bit of an idea.  Presentation! I hadn't presented that card at all well.  How did I normally present my images.  Well! for one thing - on layers, with embellishments etc etc.  It didn't particularly need anymore embellishments - but it did need layers.

So, I stripped the card back by cutting the front from the back, then layered the front onto some black card & finally placing that onto a base white card.


The idea still needs work - but .......... it is quite an improvement.

This morning I had a crochet workshop & we had a great morning.  I introduced them to filet crochet, then we had a practice run at a particular stitch pattern & the ladies decided starting next month that they wanted a complete project using that stitch.  So they will be making a bag,

Going back to my thoughts last night - I was still concerned about that stamp with matching die set that I had bought. Where oh where could I have put it - as I have said recently - this is a new craft room.  Things should not get lost.  Anyway thinking about it I tried to remember what else I had bought that day in case that helped with where it might have been put.  It took a while but I did remember another couple of purchases.  From Lily of the Valley I bought 3 A5 stamp sets - so I need to see where I have filed those in the hope they will lead me to the others.  From Stamps away I bought their patchwork set of stamps & from the Pound Shop man I bought those fancy staples & stapler to use them with.

I know where the staples & stapler are.  Now, I need to find the rest.

I think I have crafting mice in the room ........ :)  'Cos things seem to go missing or get moved!!!

I have several boxes of ribbons sorted in different ways - 2 boxes with ribbon lengths sorted by colour; 1 box with ribbon reels (usually the narrow ribbon); then I created one more box for those lovely little lengths of narrow ribbon that we all collect by cutting them out of our clothing. When I started that box I had it on my desk. Yesterday when I wanted to add some new lengths to it - it wasn't there.  No idea where it had gone - had to be mice.

Later this evening I had problems with my email & had to call upon Bob to sort it out.  I stood by watching him try to sort it in case it ever occurred again & I would know what to do - but after a little while because we were in the craft room my mind wandered.  I started just casually looking at the boxes on the shelves & would you believe it, there on top of one of the boxes with ribbon in was the plastic box with the "clothing" ribbon lengths in it.  Now who would have thought of putting it near to the other ribbons?!  So one problem solved.

Still the stamps to find.

I think I will leave that search until tomorrow now.  Night night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko