storage for my dies

Hi everyone - I hope your weekend is going well.

Sorry I didn't write anything yesterday - it was a funny day - there were things to do & there should have been spare time but somehow the day just disappeared.

I did a lot of sorting out around the house - then about 3:00 pm nipped out to the Post Office - & took Bob with me so that he could have his first trip outside the house. Then we picked up Russ & Nadine to bring them home with us.  We had asked Russ if he would help out by putting the Christmas trees & decorations up in the loft for us.  So thought they might as well stay for the evening & have dinner with us.  So! it was fish & chips all round & a very pleasant evening.  Bob found the journey a little uncomfortable as he can't bear the seat belt over his chest & because of the discomfort on his back - can't sit upright all that comfortably either.  But it was a step in the right direction.  Also today whilst I went shopping Bob decided to move his car - it hasn't been anywhere since about 11 December.  So he took it down the road & back - but said he wasn't comfortable driving.

A few days ago I ordered some items from Crafters Companion for better storing of my dies. Some time ago I bought from somewhere the Artbin Die Storage Case.  It is very good but because it is a little like a tool box - it has sliding fasteners before you can open the box.  I now have a problem with gripping things so I find it difficult to grip the sliding fasteners in order to open the box.  I manage it but it takes a while.  So after investigating at the various online craft shops I made a decision to buy what amounts to a 3 ring binder with magnetic sheets.  So it opens just like a folder. It arrived this morning so I spent some time this afternoon transferring all my dies.  It was tricky setting it up because as I filled a magnetic sheet & tried to turn it over to start on the next one the dies moved.  But I think that now the sheets are all full - hopefully when I turn pages that will not happen.  Time will tell.  It is supposed to be one of the best ways to store dies, so I will be upset if it doesn't work.

On Thursday I bought a couple more stamps - some background ones - by Kaisercraft - I am looking forward to using them over the weekend.  So watch this space.  I also bought a combined die & embossing folder by X-cut so I am hoping to try that out this weekend as well.

I haven't yet got around to photographing the handmade Christmas cards I received - also hoping to do that tomorrow.  Gosh! that's a lot of things to do in one day - I wonder how much I will get done.

Have a good day tomorrow.  That's me for now.  Night night - sleep well.

Comments

  1. Good to hear Bob is making progress, however slow.

    I store my dies in those page protectors from Staples (you mentioned them some time ago) and I've cut card the right size to fit either the two- or four-section sleeves and then stuck magnetic tape/pieces to that. It's working good for me so far.

    I did see the binder with the magnetic sheets in when Q came over to 'play' - we decided that a piece of card between layers helped stop the dies sticking to the back of the upper sheet - does that make sense?

    It's fun to organise - I'm about to go sort out my Sizzix dies to make them more accessible....got a plan :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko