A sad card & another play

Good afternoon everyone.

What awful weather again - I do hope no-one is getting flooded.  Last year when it was bad Gwenda - a CSNW member - was flooded out of her home in Rhuddlan, I do hope it is not happening again.

Sadly I had a sympathy card to make this morning - although those are for sad occasions, I still like to show what I have done


A very simple embossed cream card with the simplest of sentiments.

Then a little earlier this afternoon I decided to have another play with the faux leather technique. Last night I had thought I might try choosing a piece of coloured card - after all leather comes in all colours.  Then this morning I had an email from Joanna of Mold club with a link to another method of making the faux leather, & would you believe it - they used coloured card.  I will put the link at the bottom of the post in case any of you are interested in trying this out.

I started with a piece of red card & I wasn't sure if it would take the glycerine / water mix as it seemed to have a slight coating to the surface.  Anyway - it worked - but the colour came out of the card a bit & because I was being a "big girl" & not wearing gloves I now have red fingertips. Ah well.


Here's a photo of the finished piece with a small piece of the original card at the side so that you can see the transformation.  You can see how well the wetting technique worked because after scrunching the wet card up & opening I nicked a corner off.  This time I used quite a few different colours on the card - some Fired Brick to bring the red out, then I added some Crushed Olive but it hardly showed, some Vintage Photo darkened it a little then a final light brush over with Black Soot to bring out the pattern.  Then into my little spray booth for the "Spray & Shine" to finish.  Now to find a project to use it on.

Here is the link for the other faux leather technique


Yesterday I also managed to make a card for my digital challenges - so if you are interested in seeing that just click on the link on the side of this page, to take you to my Digital Blog

Enjoy your weekend - more tomorrow possibly.  'Bye for now.



Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko