faux leather card

Hi everyone
Yes it's faux leather again - but not another new piece - I have in fact used the piece I made on Saturday on a birthday card.

The card is for my step-daughters birthday next week.  She currently lives in America so I have to think & create well ahead & can't use anything too bulky.

Here is the card


I layered a piece of the original card onto a cream deckle-edged card & then stamped & embossed a leafy flourish in gold EP to one side.  On another off cut of the same card I stamped & embossed in gold EP a butterfly & cut it out.  This was then placed on the faux leather panel which I had placed to one side of the card front.  I tore the piece of faux leather as I thought it made it look more like an off-cut of leather.  Some gold flat backed pearls were added to the butterfly for its body & also on the flourish.  Finally I added a gold Happy Birthday peel off sentiment.

I printed a personal message for the insert & when I was trimming it to fit the card the paper tore. Rather than throw it away I added to the tear by distressing the rest of the edges of the paper with my scissors, plus I added some Fired Brick Distress Ink around the edges too.  Looked good inside the card, even if I say so myself.

I hope you all had a good weekend & found some time to do some crafting.

I have some cards to show you from one of our club members - who took me up on my offer for you to boast about the things you make.  Will show some of them tomorrow.

Take care - that's me for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko