yesterdays workshop

Hi everyone I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

I am popping in with photos of the mirror I created in the mixed media workshop that I attended yesterday.  I did get so involved in the different stages as I worked that now & again I forgot to take photos - but here is what I did take.

This is what we started with;


A white wood mirror (from Ikea).
First we had to sand it lightly just to give the paints & different mediums some purchase.


Next came papers - thankfully Sarah had some music sheets as well as book sheets, so that was me sorted OK - which we tore & placed randomly on the frame.  Also added at this stage were some die cut pieces (I have one at top & bottom of the mirror recess), & texture by putting filler through stencils.  I used a lovely dandelion design & dahlias. I also added some cotton lace in different places on the edge.


Next we covered the whole thing with a sort of buff coloured paint & then did some random light brushing of a browny-red paint.  I had previously added some little round wooden ornaments which you can just see.  The couple of white spots you can see (one to the bottom right corner of the mirror recess) have occurred because some flowers I put there refused to stick.  So I decided to reove them, finish everything & then add them back on with some strong adhesive.

The next stage was to cover with another shade of brown paint but gently take some of it off with a piece of rag to get colour & texture variants.  Finally some gold paint to highlight the edges of the lace, & parts of the dandelion along with some gold leaf on the dahlias.
I then glued down the flowers that had refused to stay stuck before. They were my air dry clay flowers - some of which I had used on my second canvas. 

Here it is


This morning I found some little flat backed pearls just the right size for the hole in the wooden ornaments.  They were a creamy white so I coloured them with a gold Promarker & then glued them into the little aperture,  It just lifted those ornaments a little.

I am really pleased with it & will be doing some more - but definitely time to get away from the brown shades.

That's me for today.  Will be getting down to photograph the other items from CSNW meeting & start putting them here in the next day or so.  Also I have some member news with photos plus some cards from a member to show you.  So busy busy with the camera.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko