18th birthday card

Hi everyone - what another lovely day - actually went out without my jacket on today, & it is so nice being able to get the washing dry outdoors.

I had a frustrating morning this morning.  I had set aside time to make our grand-daughters 18th birthday card & had a definite idea of what I would be doing.  I recently purchased the Tonic Pop-up Dies & wanted to use them - especially as one comes with a set of special "big" birthday number dies.

First I sorted the pop up for inside the card.  Well sorted is the wrong word. as when I went to fold the pop up into shape - the perforation line had cut right through the card.  Nearly went in the bin. Next I tried one of the accompanying dies for a topper for the front.  After about 6 or 7 runs through the E-bosser it had still not cut enough for all the lacy pieces to fall out.  Time to give up. So I went back to one of the dies I had used at Christmas - the one that had the tag in the centre.

I used the "18" out of the pop-up set, a label die I had by someone else (can't remember who) & stamped a "happy birthday" & her name onto white card using Versamark Ink & a light blue EP. Then returning to some punches I have - the Tonic Petal Pairs - I punched out a couple of flowers from white paper & coloured one set with Promarkers to match the card.

What do you think ..........


The blue layer is the second half of the card that nearly made the bin.  It has been added as an extra layer over a white scalloped edge card.  As I didn't do too good a job of gluing the 2 together I covered the folded edge with white sating ribbon wrapped around to the back.  Looks good actually.  As you can see I added some clear flat back gems at the corners & also inside the little flowers.  Now that I look at the photo perhaps I could have added a little glitter - but I won't add it now.

I did go on Google to see if anyone else had had the same problem & at the same time found that Jodie of Tonic had some videos for each of the embossing / die machines to explain the right sandwich to use for Tonic dies.  So tomorrow I will give the sandwich she says a try & see if it gives better results. Fingers crossed.

Well, that's me for tonight - more tomorrow.  Night night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko