Mold photos - part 2

Hi - yes it is me again, this time with the photos from Mold's project last Thursday.  The theme was a new technique called "white wash" - all of you will eventually get to do this technique.

It is a very delicate technique & I can't stop using it.  Anyway enough of me - here are the ladies try at this technique - there weren't any cards made but I think we will be seeing them soon. Do click on the photos to get a better photo - most were done on kraft card which I had asked the ladies to bring along;


Who ever was trying the technique with this stamp really took on a challenge.
I think a slightly lighter coloured ink might have been better.  But in actual fact in the "flesh" it looks very fabric-y.  (Is there such a word?)


Very delicate little flowers & that border stamp is an "Anita's Stamp" & I used to have it years ago. It is so good for so many different techniques.  Nice to see the technique on a darker card too.


Ooh - another "Anita's Stamp" from quite a while ago.  Just right for this technique.
The left hand one shows the colour a little better.



Two samples with the same stamp, with just the large flowers coloured - which gives the flowers impact
.
A comment here not against these images - but an observation on the technique.
I think if you use a fine cut outline stamp the white embossing doesn't over power the colouring.

but then ...................


doesn't this flower look fantastic!  I think the EP must have had a texture to it - but it really makes this image stand out.  Very pretty.


Another version using that corner stamp
I think quite a bit of sharing of stamps went on on Thursday.


Here is another sample where my comment about thin outline gets knocked into a cocked hat.
This too "in the flesh" looked fabric-y.


Very pretty & delicate design


Stunning on black card.  
During my demonstration I was asked if I tried it on black card & I replied that I hadn't. 
Next minute someone had given me black card to try it on.  This is not my stamping - this is by one of the ladies - but using my stamp.



Close up of the 2 corners on the previous photo.


There is that "fluffy" EP again - doesn't it look great?



Two more photos from that sheet.


Hmm! This stamp looks very familiar - it just comes up so delicate.


The colours on this are stunning - a lovely image


A slightly thicker outline but the white wash technique shows really well.


Very delicate


This image works really well.  You can just see these tulips all in a row at the bottom of a card.


This is such an unusual image - I love it & the shading is so beautiful


There's that border stamp again - just perfect for this technique.  Very pretty.

Well there you are ladies - with so many examples - a technique that obviously went down well at the meeting.

At the meeting everyone used flower stamps - come to that I use flower stamps when doing this technique - but try other images.  I think it could look really nice on the right Christmas image. What do you think?

I hope you are having a good weekend - more tomorrow.
'Bye for now.



Comments

  1. I love this technique. I'm a cheat and use white heat embossing powder and then I don't worry about wibblage (it's a technical term), but I do love chalk ink too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post