Another background card

Good evening everyone - hasn't it been great to see the sunshine today - will it last over Easter weekend?????

Today I had a crochet workshop - but hey - my brain is not working & I arrived at the craft shop at 9:15 in preparation for a 9:30 start .................. I wasn't due in until 1:30, hey ho - I will put it down to age.


So instead I popped to the local farm shop for some Jersey Royal potatoes for dinner & picked up some strawberry plants. Came home - planted strawberry plants plus the 2 pots of mint that I had bought during last week.  Then went on to make another card from my background card -


From one of the straight edges on the piece that is left I cut a strip with my scalloped picot edge scissors.  Then I punched 3 tags - one from the background, one from black card & one from the rust coloured card.  Also from the background piece I punched out two flowers - using one of my petal pairs punches.

I put the scalloped edge piece next to the fold, then I layered the tags & put the 2 layers of punched flowers together.  With the petal pairs the petals interlink - you place the 2 pieces on top of each other & then bring alternative petals from the back layer to the front.  Makes a really nice flower & I have about 6 of these punches - which as their name implies - come in pairs - but I often use only one (as on this card) or mix different ones.  I placed a flat back gem in the centre of the flower - it was a sort of bronze old gold colour - but it seemed to go quite well.

Then I stamped "happy birthday" in Versafine Black Onyx ink to complete.

The next photo shows you what is left of the background sheet.


Really don't think I can do anything with that ....................... uhmm..................... unless I use it as a stencil.  I will think about it.

By the time I had done all this - it was time to go back to the carft shop for my crochet workshop. Which was most enjoyable & productive.

Well that was my day - hope you had a good one too.

More tomorrow
Night night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko