preparing a workshop

Good evening everyone I hope you all had a great weekend.

On Saturday Russ & Nadine came round & Russ helped me to plant my new plants & shrubs & move a few things around in the garden.  It's getting a little more how I want it now.  Just need the lawns trimmed next & things will look much neater.

Craft wise I have been working on items for a workshop I have later this month at the Craft Shop. I called it Serendipity - but it is really to get people to think about using up their oddments of papers, including some of those they are not so keen on.  It is surprising how these papers can end up looking really good used in various ways.

I decided to look through all my papers & sort some out for using -


I sorted out the above papers, some pink ribbon, a white square card, some dark blue card & some pink card.  I also searched out some peel-offs & gems.  I am not using stamps as there is a strong possibility those on the workshop will not be stampers.  But - I could be wrong.

I then made three cards;


I am not too sure about this one - it does look better "in the flesh".  I started with one layout idea, then changed my mind, then ended up cutting the piece in two.


This one I like better & enjoyed making it - it's a long time since I did any paper weaving.  The flower is 2 shapes cut from the sheet of paper that had largish flowers on it.  Never could decide what to use it for - now I have.


This one I like the best - but then it has dark card on it & I try to use dark card quite a bit when using more colour on a card.  I was quite pleased with the idea for the greeting with the ribbon plaque.

There is still quite a bit of paper left over - so need to press on tomorrow & use it all up.  I also still have some of that background card to use as well.

I have one of my crochet workshops tomorrow morning - then hope to have some craft time in the afternoon.

That's me for today - more tomorrow.
Night night.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko