A couple of cards

Hi everyone - well the sun came out earlier this morning & I thought here comes that lovely weather they told us about last night.  But already it is looking grey & cloudy again.  Never mind - we cope, don't we?

I thought I would pop in & show you a couple of cards I made recently - they are non-stamping ones. The first is the birthday card I made for Russ & I used some of the Crafter's Companion paper & card that came with a CD - Camden Town.

Here is the card;


As we all know it can be difficult making cards for men - but I liked this chunky postage stamp edged card & the bike image links to Russ's bike riding hobby.  Although I think his bike is somewhat more butch than this one - but at least the link is made. The topper came with extra elements but I just chose to use the little postcard & the Happy Birthday tag.

The second card is the one I made for Russ & Nadine for their 4th wedding anniversary which falls on the same day as Russ's birthday.

Here is their card;


A stretch card - I just love this style & have added it to my favourites list of cards I like to make.  I have adapted the design a little in that I have fixed the stretch card to a base card & also where the 2 back flaps stick up in a sort of v-shape I have added another layer of patterned paper.  By adding the stretch card to a base card I have more room for a slightly longer sentiment & message.

I think some of my Christmas cards will be made this way.  But until I start making them anything could happen to my thoughts on that.

OK - that is me for now.  I need to get out in the garden before the weather changes.  May be back again later.
'Bye for now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post