mold II photos - part 2

Good afternoon everyone

This afternoon I have the photos of Mold II's project from Tuesday evening - where we entered the world of Zentangle.  Some of the ladies had dabbled so I kept my fingers crossed I could show them something they hadn't tried.

We were a small group but still had an enjoyable evening & after a little practise of some patterns on scrap paper a few of the ladies worked on some design images - here are the photos;


I love the pattern on the umbrella & the one on the crescent moon is one of my favourites.  I don't know if the tip is meant to be like that or if I took a photo before it was finished.


The design on this flower proves it doesn't have to be heavy with detail.  Very effective.


I couldn't believe how tiny & neat these patterns were on this butterfly.
Beautiful.


A different version worked on the same butterfly pattern
This design is coming along nicely.

Now one of our ladies has been playing with Zentangle quite a lot & brought some of her "playing" in for us to see.  So I just had to take photos of Liz's work - here they are;


The flash went off when I took this photograph so it has hidden the top left corner a bit.


Here is another one.


& a third one.
These last 3 were all done on coloured paper & in the traditional way (if such a word applies to Zentangle) where a rectangular area is marked out then divided into sections with, generally speaking, wavy lines. Patterns are then drawn in the sections.

Another sample Liz bought in was of using a child's pattern book.  The pages have different shapes & you colour them in - so Liz Zentangled them - 


I have one of these books somewhere - or I used to have - got mine in Tescos I believe.  I used it just to produce coloured backgrounds - but this is really exciting.

Liz is Mold II's resident artist (I showed a couple of her paintings a short while ago) - & she has applied her artists leanings to Zentangle.  Here is another piece of her work - where she incorporates it into her art;



Liz first painted splashes of colours - like balloons, is the best way I can describe it - then Zentangled over the colour patches.  Absolutely stunning Liz - well done.

I hope everyone who has tried this has enjoyed learning about it. I find it very relaxing & can lose time whn doing it.  Last year I took bits on holiday with me & on the Sunday when we just chill out I worked on pieces.  May very well do that again.

If you do some work - please send me photos to put on here.
'Bye for now.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post