some crafting time

Hi everyone hasn't it been a beautiful day?  I do hope we will have some of this sunshine over the bank holiday weekend.

Today I managed to make 2 cards for different card challenge blogs.  One was for this weeks CD Sunday challenge & was suitable for another challenge blog that I stumbled on recently.  The theme on both of these blogs was cards for the men.

The other challenge card was a stamped one - mind you there was some stamping on the CD challenge card as well

Here is the first card that fitted the 2 challenges - cards for the boys / guys;



& here is a close up of the topper


& a close up of the sailing ship


The photo is a bit on the light side.  The background paper is a collage of suitcases, globes & travel bits. You can see them better in the topper.  I quite enjoyed ageing the paper.  I just couldn't leave it at CD work only so from a new set of stamps that I bought last week - (yes I know - don't need anymore, but then ........) - I stamped this sailing boat which I thought went well with the overall idea.  It doesn't have a greeting so that I can choose what goes on it when I have decided who to send it to.

The second card was for a challenge blog called Less Is More where - as the name implies - they like the clean & simple layouts. I quite regularly enter their challenges & their theme this week is Floral.


Did I mention I bought some new stamps?  Well this lovely floral image is part of one of those sets.  I simply stamped it in Versamark ink & embossed it with gold EP, then coloured the 2 flowers with my pearlescent water-colour paints.

The greeting is on straight - the corner of the card tipped up as I took the photo.  When I decide to give it to someone I will probably add ribbon & even some bling.

I was due a crochet workshop tomorrow morning but 3 ladies have had to drop out this week - sadly 2 not feeling well & the other having a bereavement.  But I had a good crochet workshop yesterday (Tuesday) & 2 of the ladies brought in their bags that they had been making.  I think I did show some of them before - so I will probably show these as well later.  It just shows you what I am up to when its not stamping.

I guess I will make the most of my extra time tomorrow to do some more work on the day workshop that I am running for the CSNW club in a couple of weeks. I have samples to make & materials to start putting together.

I called in at the Parkfields Centre this morning to try & arrange workshop dates for Mold & Mold II clubs - but I have to fill in a form & hand it in - so I will do that & then leave it with the centre on Tuesday when I am there for the Mold II May meeting.  I was thinking of choosing a Saturday early September.

I can't remember have I brought to your attention the Sincerely-yours Papercraft Fair that will be in Wrexham on June 7th?  It's at the university sport arena - where the Artstamps people have their stamping festival.  I am hoping to go - so will probably see some of you there.  They are selling advance tickets & with that you get a free tea/coffee when you are there - also - advanced ticket bookings go in a draw for a £50 prize.  Can't be bad!  Click HERE for info.

Well that's me for tonight - more tomorrow.
Sleep well - night night.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post