just chatting

Hi everyone I hope you had a great weekend.  Bob & I just lazed about - it was wonderful.  Kick started by a discussion with Joanna of Mold club I started a new book - the 8th in a series.  The author - should that be authoress - is Diana Gabaldon & the books go by the title of Outlander series.  It is a great series  I discovered them some 6 years ago - maybe even a little more.  Extreme outline - a lady in Scotland in more or less the current time walks into a stone circle & gets whisked back to the 1700's.

Any way as well as doing some reading I also did a lot of Internet surfing via my tablet, sitting in my summerhouse.  Way to live!  Right at the end of the day I found I could talk to my tablet.  No, I haven't lost my marbles as I am sure a lot of you with tablets know that you can do this.  Several times yesterday I was keying things in or putting my finger on a link & not getting through - which was so frustrating.  Turn the microphone on & tell the tablet you want to go to "Pinterest" & it takes you there.  When I mentioned to Bob I had made this discovery he said he knew about it but had never tried it.  Next thing he was going to Google maps & asking it "directions to Portsmouth" & it did it. Isn't technology amazing?  Yes & No.  Because later I came in to use my laptop & the headings had gone from my Google page.  Bob knew why but I didn't.  Grrrr!

Today I have been making some new samples for my workshop tomorrow morning which is - cards with different folds.  I have so many I could show them, that it is difficult to decide which to do & which to leave out. I haven't photographed them yet - will do that tomorrow & then show you.  So! as I like to show photos which makes the post more interesting - here are some photos of the gite we stayed in on our holiday;


this is the view of the lounge as you walk through the front door


the lounge looking back at the front door


the lounge from the kitchen looking towards the sun room - or as they called it - the veranda



two views of the veranda


the kitchen looking towards the lounge from the toilet/shower entrance


the other side of the kitchen - from the lounge


the bedroom from the lounge door - well it was just a curtain actually


peeping through the kitchen door towards the wash basin & toilet


the view from the toilet towards the shower.

The kitchen & the "corridor" for the wash & shower area was quite narrow.  We couldn't pass each other in the kitchen - one person had to move out to allow the other one through. But still it was very nice & we enjoyed our stay.

I have more photos of the garden which I might show you later. I really must get on & photograph my lovely birthday cards & show them to you.

That's it for tonight - more tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post