Mold photos - part 1

Good afternoon & here I am with the first set of photos from last nights Mold meeting which are of their Show & Tell where the theme was cards with unusual folds.

This theme gave me 2 problems - firstly the cards would probably have to be picked up if the folds were structural or part of the internal part of the card & secondly - how was I going to do them justice in the photographs.  Well we got round the first point easily - everyone was very careful how they handled the cards & if they had inky fingers asked someone else to hold the cards for them.  For the second part - well we will see;


They look so cute snuggled up together don't they
The front of this card has 3 sections - the top portion lifts up & the 2 bottom portions open like a door.



In order for you to see, I have opened it up & flipped it over.
I believe it is called a dutch fold.


A great little footballer - wonder what his thoughts are after the recent matches?
The fancy fold on this card is the multifold frame.


A very pretty card - that took some thinking about with regard to photos.
It has a shortened front with a topper which sits over a lift up flap.;


Here I have pulled back the front & lifted the inner flap to show the insert


& here with the inner flap lowered showing the other topper.
Really interesting card shape.


This is the card closed & it has a little square aperture at the top right hand corner.


Here is the first stage of opening & you can see that the floral image is in a window actually on the inside of the card too.


This is looking down on the card whilst it is stood up - so that the mechanism can be seen.


I appear to have taken this too quickly as it is a bit blurry - apologies - & I have tried to sharpen it up too.
The Poinsettia is on what is called a belly band & when you slip that off the card - you get - 


a box card.  The heart embellishment is on acetate so that it floats out.
Clever

I have commented mainly on the unusual folds rather than the content - all the cards were beautifully made with great designs.  Well done ladies.

I will probably put the project photos up tomorrow.

I have a workshop on Tuesday - hurrah, at last - & need to make sure I have all my samples looking OK & notes written.  I must admit that because workshops have not been booking I am tending to leave things to the last moment, but I have made these cards before so not so much work to do. will probably put photos here at some time.

Have a great weekend.  Fingers crossed we miss much of the storms - but do take care in this heat.
'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko