Mold II photos - part 2

Good morning everyone

Here I am with the photos from the project section of the Mold II meeting on Tuesday evening - where the technique of Triple Time Stamping was shown & tried;

I had forgotten to take my camera that evening so these were taken with my mobile.  There seems to be a slight shadow down one side but I have done my best to remove it. Here are the cards made by the ladies;


I love this design - the images look like a mix between sea shells & the ying-yang symbol.


A lovely black & white card (you know how much I love B&W) & that floral spray is just right coming in from the opposite corners.


Such a lovely colour & the partial use of the image for the corners works really well. That stamp was free on a magazine some time ago - in fact I think it was the first set they gave away with the mag.


A beautiful butterfly design & the colouring was very pretty & subtle.


A great flowing design & I love the way the bicycle is in rainbow colour against the rest of the mono colour.


Lovely clean & crisp design.  It just shows that for this technique you do not necessarily have to use lots of different images


This is stunning, clean & simple - really lovely card, & this lady is new to the club & I think crafting in general.


Another different approach to the technique - I love that the background is soft & subtle & then the focal image stands out over it.  Lovely card.

Now - I have one more card to show you from the evening & it is the one that I did as the demonstration of the technique.  I am showing it because I cannot believe how much actually went wrong in the process.  Here is the card;


You don't have to look too closely to see the non stamped areas of the design - but then a slightly more careful look & you should be able to see the way the ink has taken differently on a couple of the layers. Let's tackle the non-stamp area first - I used my club notebook as a pad for stamping on & when I stamped the first image that top left corner was resting on the spiral wire of the spine.  Didn't check did I that everything was flat.  I still hadn't got it right for the top right tree too.  Now - the amount of ink - the white layers are all from the the same sheet of paper - but one of them had been turned the other way up & it seems the two sides of the paper took the colour differently.  So something to watch for.

I don't mind that it didn't come out as well as it should have done by such a seasoned stamper, or at least -  that I should be - but it serves as a cautionary tale about where you stamp & what you stamp on. The photos of the work that the ladies went on to do show that this disaster did not put them off.  Because it is so bad I have to show one I made some time ago that came out well - if only to make me feel better.


Right that's it for today - I am now going to continue making the 15 Christmas cards that Bob has asked for - I showed you the sample on Monday!

The weekend is here again - have a lovely time.
'Bye for now.



Comments

  1. Some lovely examples of this technique here, the 3rd one is using a stamp that I used when I demonstrated this, the magazine freebie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes & a big thank you for showing us this great technique - it has been loved by everyone I have shown it to.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko