a challenge card

Hello everyone I hope you have all had a great weekend.

Do you know Saturday seems so far away I can't remember what we did other than the shopping.  But yesterday we popped over to see Gareth & Elayne & ended up going out for a bite to eat with them - so that was a very pleasant few hours.

During the morning yesterday I made a card for a challenge blog - it was the CD Sunday challenge that I quite often enter.  The theme this time was "Happily ever after" - so as I have a couple of anniversary cards to make I thought it would be an opportunity to get one of them made.  Here is my card;


The image & background are from a Joanna Sheen CD called "Dancing with shadows" & I have used one of the fancy easel cards with the die cut top.  The sentiment was no longer in its packet so I have no idea whose make it is. The tulips were left from a previous card & they were perfect for this one too.  The background to the image was a sort of buttermilk colour so I changed it with Distress Inks to suit the background paper.  Once it was all laid down I felt it needed more of a lift & went back & used the Versamark ink pad & silver EP around the edges of each layer & the card.  Much better.

Tonight I have my HSNW club meeting & then tomorrow I have a crochet workshop - so must pop off now & get everything ready for those 2 events.

'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post