A little play

Good morning everyone.

As you watch TV & read magazines - all craft orientated of course - there is a strong lean towards flowers.  Making them in many different ways.   When I see some of the lovely punches being advertised & sold I think, perhaps I should buy one of those.  But then in a rational moment I realise I have many methods in my stash to make different flowers.

I do have some dies, I have quite a lot of stamps, I have punches, I have moulds in order to make them from air-drying clay.  So! - I do not need anymore ways - until I have used some of these a little more & perhaps discover that all that is not enough.

So, after tidying my desk yesterday afternoon, & catching up on some paperwork & spending a little time on my family tree I decided to try one of my stamps out.

I have had this particular stamp quite a long time - it is one of CaroLines early stamps & I have a couple of other styles too.  I stamped several of the flowers with Versamark ink & then embossed with a white-ish silvery glitter EP.  Next I cut them out - but one or two had to be thrown away as I had cut into the embossing & it started to peel off - so not a good idea.  Anyway I persevered with some of them just to see how well they might work.


You can see it is quite a simple flower head with a little detail on it.  Anyway I used my ball tool around the edges to soften the paper (it was about 100gsm) & also cupped the shape.  I repeated this on a second flower & then cut down between the petals to just short of the centre.  With my ball tool I again worked on the petals to cup them a little more.  The 2 flowers were then glued together in the centre & a gem put in the middle.  The cut leaves can be lifted for a little more texture.

I have decided I am going to prepare some more to this state - but use ordinary silver EP - glitter & me do not get along.  If I want a little shimmer to them I have a couple of sprays.  I am also going to make some using up some of the loads & loads of printed papers I have.  They will all go in a box then get used when I make some cards.  That is the general idea.  So today should be flower day.

'Bye for now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko