a birthday card

Good afternoon everyone  I hope you had a pleasant weekend.

The card I have to show you today is one I made recently for our son-in-law who lives in the USA - I have to make sure that the cards for there are made & posted out quite early.  So it was actually sent about 4/5 days ago.


I used the watch embossing folder on black card & layered it onto blue paper, then used Gleam gilding wax to add some highlights to the watches.  I thought that the sailing ship went well with the "old" look & stamped that in black on blue card then tore the design out & aged the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink.  I treated the edge of the greeting in the same way. Ship & greeting were placed on the card on sticky pads to raise them a little.

I do find cards for men a little more difficult, but now have several embossing folders which I think will make that task a little easier.

That's me for today - hope to have more tomorrow.  ,Bye.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko