just chatting

Hi - just popping in for a quick chat, I thought I would bring you up to date with things I have been doing over the last few days.

Over the last few days we have been getting the house into the festive spirit.  I never put my tree & decorations up early - it stems from times as a child, which I am sure I have told you of before. When my brother & I were children our house was not decorated until after we had gone to bed on Christmas Eve.  I don't know when our parents slept because on top of the Aladdin's cave we got up to in the morning - Mum was already in the kitchen with the turkey in the oven.

Consequently I have never been able to decorate my home(s) before that date.  But. of course, when you are out working the day has to be moved - so usually I now decorate the weekend before Christmas.

Thursday last week - Russ & Nadine came over & Russ helped Bob get the decorations & trees down from the loft.  Then we had a very nice Fish & Chip meal together & a great evening.  Since then, as we have received Christmas cards they have been put around the room to add to the festive feel. Yesterday I put up the bigger of the 2 trees in the lounge & decorated it, & today I put up the smaller tree in the dining room.  This does not need decorations as it has in built decoration.

Tomorrow I am meeting Caroline for our annual Christmas stocking exchange - ti was supposed to have been last Friday but she was not feeling too well - so we postponed it to tomorrow.

On Tuesday evening we are visiting Gareth & Elayne, where I think we are having a take away meal - so lots to look forward to over the next few days.

That takes us up to Wednesday (Christmas Eve) - when we will be picking up the turkey & then battening down the hatches for Christmas.  I actually quite enjoy that quiet time between when you know you have everything, the shops are closing & if you have forgotten something - its too late anyway.  I remember years ago - on Christmas eve - my mum suddenly realised she did not have something important that was needed (now I know my memory is fading as I cannot remember exactly what it was) & we managed to find a shop that had everything she needed - just before they closed.  Seeing as she made her own stuffing & bread sauce it had to be something more important - but what????  Perhaps my brother might remember - I will have to ask him.

Russ & Nadine will be joining us for Christmas Day & Gareth & Elayne are spending the day with Elayne's parents.

However you are spending your Christmas Day & the surrounding days I hope you have a wonderful time.  I may have time to pop in again before that - but this is to make sure I have sent you this message.

Oh yes & before I forget - not that I would - I have received the most amazing handmade Christmas cards, & as usual once Christmas is over I will be photographing them & showing them to you here. Thank you to everyone who made me a card - it is much appreciated.

'Bye for now - about to pop off to bed - I may be back again over the next few days, especially as today I received some great photos from a club member - so I can create a member showcase.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko