Just chatting

Hi everyone - well, that was a bit of a surprise finding the garden covered in white stuff again.  I know it had been forecast but it looked like it would miss us.  Still, it has all gone already.

I have spent the last couple of days reorganising my dies. I had two storage devices - one was a ring binder with plastic pockets & magnetic sheets holding the dies, & the other was a folder/box from Crafters Companion with magnetic sheets.  My problem was they got rather heavy & I found them difficult to look through & to lift sometimes.

A while ago I reorganised all my embossing folders, which meant taking many of them out of a rather nice zipped folder I was keeping them in. The folder contained "pages" with 4 pockets per page (both sides).  It's a really nice folder with a fabric cover - I got it from "Crafts Too" a few years ago.

I looked at the pockets & realised they would be just the right size to hold my smaller dies.  I had a pack of magnetic sheets I had bought before Christmas & decided to cut them in 4 to fit the pockets. It only left a little scrap amount of material.  Now all my small dies are neatly stored away & although the folder is quite heavy I can lift it & access the contents a whole let easier.

This leaves me with how to store my larger dies.  Well, I think I am going to, again, cut my magnetic sheets to suit, then place the dies in poly pockets & store them upright in the drawer sets I have started using for embossing folders & new dies. These drawer sets used to be inside a rolling trolley idea - but the trolley got damaged, so I threw that away & use the drawers on my bookshelf.

My biggest problem with storing larger embossing folders & dies has been what to put them in. After I moved here & started organising my craft room I bought a lot of plastic boxes with lids to put my stash in.  One of these, without the lid, will hold the larger items stored upright.  So problem solved.

So it looks like I have managed to organise another area of my craft room.  It seems never ending this task.  I think its because as soon as you buy something new that doesn't quite fit with everything else you have - a piece of storage is required & then reorganising starts all over again.  What fun!!!!!!!

Tomorrow evening sees the first club night of 2015 - this is for the Mold club, & I am looking forward to the fun beginning gain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko