Poinsettia

Good morning everyone

Well! it looks like that snow missed a lot of us last night - but then it is looking a little grey out there still.

As I do not, so far today, have any card makes to show you I thought I would show you photos of my Christmas plant - my lovely Poinsettia.

I buy one of these every Christmas as I just love how it goes with all the Christmas decorations & cards. Here are 2 views of the one I bought this year;




Isn't it beautiful?  I bought it the first week of December, I couldn't resist it because it was such a healthy looking plant.  The photographs I took .......................... this morning!

I have learnt over the years that dearest is not always the best - so for some time now I have bought my Poinsettias from Asda.  This one cost me £2-50.  In the garden centres they were £6-50 upwards. Definitely a bargain I would say.  I wonder how much longer I can keep it.  Some years ago I had a good one like this & I kept it through to late April.

What is this little beauty?



As you may remember - Caroline & I exchange Christmas Stockings each year, this was one of my presents.  When she gave it to me she was a little worried as we had meant to meet up the week before we actually did.  So she wasn't sure it was going to survive.  It spent most of the Christmas period sat next to its big sister - but that one prefers it in the dining room & this one seems to prefer the lounge by the window & radiator.  It is still quite wee, but it is hanging in there.

So there you are - my Christmas flowers.

Now I really must get on with some cards.  In the last couple of days I have heard of another two weddings I need to make cards for.  Such fun!

'Bye for now - keep warm & safe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post