two birthday cards

Good afternoon everyone I hope you are all keeping warm.  I do wish the weather would make up its mind what it is going to do.

I have the photos of 2 birthday cards that I made during this month to show you;


This rather nice floral image is a new stamp & the set includes the verse plus the word Marigold.  So I guess that is what the flower is - but I was in a purple mood.  I don't think it matters.  I decided to do something different with the front (I had actually seen something similar when perusing the Internet). The image was coloured with my cheap "H2O style" water-colour paints.


This card got the slight antique look given it by using Kraft card & black card.  The larger of the 2 flowers I stamped again & cut it out, coloured it & stuck on sticky pads over the original one.
Now a strange story on this one is that I made one very similar for a club birthday card lucky dip & the person I sent this one to - also pulled the other one out of the lucky dip pot.  So she had 2!!

Oh, by the way - my Gelli plate arrived OK - well almost OK, for some reason or other the delivery man asked next door to take it in for me - but both Bob & I were at home.  We have large wrought iron gates & when we know that we are not going out again we close them.  They are not locked. The delivery man must have thought he wouldn't be able to get in. So, its play day tomorrow, as today I have been busy finishing some special cards.  Photos for you in next few days.

'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko