a birthday card

Good morning everyone

Yesterday I made a birthday card based on a design I had seen somewhere on the Internet - probably through Pinterest.

First I die-cut some small flowers - using the Britannia multi flower die (the one you can turn the flowers into poppies, roses & fuchsias) - just out of a good white paper;


Those flowers I don't use on this card will get added to my growing collection in the box


The base card is a 5 x 5 square card & I created the design on a smaller square of card using a stencil & 3 colours of Distress Inks - Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers & Seedless Preserves.  Aren't they great names?


I tore a piece of paper to give me a shaped edge & placed it over the card, then taped the stencil over this.  The card I then trimmed to give neater edges & highlighted them with the Peacock Feathers Distress Ink. I repeated this edging on the base card as well.  Then the flowers I had cut out where coloured in Mustard Seed & Seedless Preserves & placed along the curved edge.  A little pearl glued in each centre completed the flowers.  Happy Birthday was stamped in black in the lower right corner.


Finished card.

I am pleased with the result & think if I make it again I would add some small flourishes for leaves. I would have to try it to see if it works.

That's me.  'Bye for now.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko