comfort zone - number 2

Good morning everyone.

Today I have the other "out of my comfort zone" card.  This one started with the "feather" Gelli plate background I made some days earlier.



I recently bought a card making magazine that had a feather stamp & stencil as a freebie on it. Inside the magazine it mentioned a sister magazine that had a feather die - so of course I had to buy that one too to get the set.

So I stamped some feathers & then proceeded to die cut them.  Now, this process was not as successful as I wished & I had used a technique that I had seen on the Internet to aid this task.  You die cut the item - in this case the feather in a scrap of paper to act as a template.  You then place the aperture over the stamped image & slot the die into place to cut it out.  Sounds good & when I was on a workshop run by Clearly Besotted this technique was also shown & it worked.  So, I think I need to try again.

Here is the card.


I stamped the 3 feathers using Cranberry Adirondack ink & embossed them with clear EP. Then I die cut them.  I was left with a white margin down one side where the die had not locked in the right position - so I used my water brush & using the same ink colour washed the feather to take away some of the whiteness. Which did improve them.  I had some of those small outline flowers already stamped - so I coloured them with Citrus Adirondack ink, added a pearl & placed them on the card. Final touch was the sentiment stamped in black.

I then mounted the page onto black card & a white 8x8 card.  By the way there are only 3 feathers the others are shadows because I only attached the feathers by their stem end.

I had to use that background paper after making it, & the new stamp & dies seemed the appropriate things to use.  I do quite like it now it is done.  The colours are certainly not me - or that style of layout.

Right that is me for today, I have to get myself ready to run a crochet workshop this afternoon - so 'bye for now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko