Gelli plate play

Good afternoon everyone - how is your weekend?

This morning I have been having a play with my new toy - the Gelli Plate.  I decided to purchase the 6x6 size as I thought I would get more use from it rather than a bigger one.  I did some research on the Internet & You-Tube to add to the information I had gleaned from Rita's demo & have decided I will probably purchase a small one for use with tags as I absolutely love some of the things I saw.

My play today was with Adirondack inks as stamping is what I mainly do - but in the week I am going to try some acrylic paints as well.

Here are my first efforts - they weren't produced to any theme, or for an end use - just play;


On this, my first attempt, I merely brayered 2 colours of ink, then stamped the fairy into one corner of the plate with black ink.  I then placed my piece of card & "pulled" the print.  See, I have even picked up the technical terms :).  Afterwards I stamped the image again direct onto the card - it shows the difference in the impression you get.


This is my second attempt, & again I brayered 2 colours & then using a clean stamp I "stamped" into the inked plate - this removes the ink from the plate.  I then pulled a print.  Next I stamped onto the plate this time inking the stamp with 2 colours.  Then I carefully placed the card over the plate again for a more detailed print.


I rather liked the way the clean stamp produces a negative print - so this time I used a feather stamp. I then pulled the print, following with stamping on the plate in coloured inks & pulled the print again for more detail. I absolutely love this one & I have a new feather stamp & die which I can see being used with this to make a card.


For my final attempt for today I went for a change of colour & again used a clean stamp for the first impression.  Because when you pull the print the image is reversed on the card you cannot over stamp the image.  I wanted to achieve a ghosting impression - so with a little careful thinking I then stamped the image in black on the plate & as near as I could to the original position, then placed the print back down on the plate.  I had to do the 2 corners one at a time.  I was way off with the top left one, but pretty pleased with bottom right.  But still the print will be very useful.

I really enjoyed the play & I didn't get too inky, which was a bonus. Definitely be doing some more this week.

'Bye for now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko