birthday card

Good morning everyone

Today I have a photo of the birthday card I made recently for our Grand-daughter Olivia whose birthday it was yesterday.  She is 19 & a very arty lady - so I hope she liked my efforts with this one;


The base is a 6"x6" square white card which I coloured with Distress Inks using 4 different colours to build up to this almost autumnal colour.  I started with Mustard Seed, then Spiced Marmalade & little Vintage Photo & finally Fired Brick.

The topper is a thin canvas & I used the same Distress Inks on it but left more of the Mustard Seed showing & a highlight in the middle. The stamps are from a recent freebie - but I have already forgotten which magazine.  The images were stamped in black archival ink.  The sentiment look a bit smudged but that is how it looks on the stamp.  Just remembered it is a Sheena Douglass set - still can't remember the magazine though.  In one corner I also did a little texture through a mask using sealant & then coloured it with Fired Brick.

The only thing about using the Distress Inks on the canvas - because of laying down so much ink - it took a long time to dry even with a little helping hand with a heat gun.

That's me for this time - 'bye for now.

Comments

  1. It is Quick Cards made easy!
    I have it in front of me at this moment.
    Lovely card.
    Sheelagh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheelagh I like to try & remember where these freebies come from but as you see I don't always manage it.

      Delete
  2. It's lovely Gloria, very different for you (the style I mean, not the lovliness!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko