csnw photos - part 2

Here I am again - this time with the photos from the evenings project & it was down to me to pass on the knowledge learnt from Janet of Mold club with the 2 techniques - Pointillism & Etching.

I showed you my samples back on 28 February, but I did make some more, but haven't photographed them yet.  I have really taken to the etching rather than the pointillism - but like them both & I think this happened at the meeting too.  Everyone tried both techniques, but some then seemed to just stay with one.  As you can see from the photos I also found some different images to use. Having shown them how to do both techniques I then left them to go with their artistic feeling & see how many different results we would get.

Anyway this post is about how the CSNW ladies got on with the techniques so here are their photographs;


This hibiscus using the Pointillism technique, & is by Ann (F) she has also used 3 colours on the flower which works well.


The hibiscus was also chosen by Claire to work with & I think the way she has left a highlight space in the centre of the petals works really well. 




These are the photos of Elvena's work, showing the pointillism first & then the etching, although there is some pointillism on the etching sample as well. I think they could go well together.


A very delicate hibiscus created by Grace. There are lots of really fine dots on this one.



Gwen worked both of the techniques & put her own take on the etching which I think works really well.



Joan tried both techniques & went for a very bold finish on the pointillism, & the etching is very delicate.


Margaret just tried the etching, has she has a poorly neck & could relax a little more with this technique.  Because she didn't have a fine pen with her Margaret worked with a biro.


Ruth took to the etching & this hibiscus looks really delicate.



Verena tried both techniques & wasn't sure if she liked them or not - I think the rose has turned out really well.

So there we are.
My next task is to update the CSNW programme page with their 2015 project details - probably do that tomorrow.  

'Bye for now - have a great weekend.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko