first Christmas card !!

First made that is - not first received.

This happened more by accident than design.  Whilst having a crafty morning I realised that I did not have a sample of the card that CSNW will be making in May & it is their April meeting on Wednesday.  So, I thought I had better make one.  The first box I looked in for inspiration had a printout left over from a Christmas card I had designed last year through Serif, so I decided to use that.

The card is a diorama card & here it is;


Because I needed to make this one a little quicker I did not use the template that Carolyn of Mold II had given me - you may remember the wedding card & anniversary card I made using it - it had fancy sides.

The main image in the card is printed directly onto the background & then I printed just the topper twice & decoupaged it, cutting the bow out of the second copy.  I still have some peel-offs in a box (I don't use them much these days but they are always handy) & these holly corners seemed just right. I stuck them to white card then cut around them & coloured them with Promarkers.  I edged the inner image with a border peel off & added them also between the corners to link everything together.

So - one Christmas card down & xxx to go.

I also made another card which I will show you soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko