Just chatting

Hi everyone - I thought it was time to pop in personally. That is I am actually typing this now - it is not a scheduled post.

Last night saw the March meeting of the CSNW club where I showed them how to do the 2 techniques  - Pointillism & Etching  - courtesy of what I had learnt from Janet of Mold club.

It was a very good evening & I have photos for you which I will probably put here tomorrow, after I have loaded them on to my laptop.  I normally do this the next day, but today was one of my crochet workshop days & I had to make sure I had everything ready.  The group I went to today has 7 ladies on it & they are basically at 3 different levels - so I have to think about what I am doing so that no group is sat around with nothing to do.  I am very pleased with how today went.

Before going to the workshop I had to make sure that I had everything to hand for a silver wedding anniversary card I am making & have to finish tomorrow in order to get it in the post for Tuesday.  I am trying to come up with something different - but at the same dime I do not want the card to look like it was the experiment.  I am sure you understand what I am saying.  To that end I have had a couple of very quick trials on cheap paper.  If it looks good that way it is going to look even better on good card.

Yesterday I finished a wedding card for Caroline's daughter who is getting married on Saturday (7th) & she gave me quite a challenge with her colour choice.  I do so like to make a wedding card to go with the brides colour scheme. I will show you the card after the weekend - I know she is not one of my followers & even if she was - she has far more important things to be thinking about over these next couple of days -  but I do not want to show it before she & her husband-to-be have seen it.

Also I have photographs of the canvas that I made at the workshop I attended last Saturday - once again I am so pleased with the way it turned out.  Only problem is - if I make many more - where on earth ( or more importantly what wall) am I going to put them on.

So - I have to show you - photos from the Show & Tell and the Project of last night's CSNW meeting; my canvas;  the wedding card for this Saturday; some birthday cards I have made recently;
& 2 of the 2014 project books for CSNW club.

In the meantime I am making  a silver wedding anniversary card for next week, a card for our grand-daughter's19th birthday the following week.  So lots to show you & that is before I have time to play with techniques I want to share with you.  Such fun!  Just hope I have enough hours in the day, days in the week & that your meeting doesn't come around too quick.

I have a couple of ideas in the pipeline for the club evening - but if any of you have ideas for a project please get in touch & if you can - agree to show us how.

'Bye for now



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko