wedding card

Oops! sorry, forgot I was going to post this last night after my day out with Nadine.

The daughter of my friend Caroline (from whom I learnt rubber stamping!) was married on Saturday & her card set me a challenge.  I try to link it in someway to either the couple or their colour scheme. Amy's colour scheme was purple & yellow.  I spent quite a few days writing down ideas - then at the last Mold II meeting Carolyn brought in samples of a card she is going to show the club in April & because I will not be there also brought me in the notes & template.  Great.  Wedding card style resolved.  That left the colour - well I found a mixed pack of colourful card down at the craft shop which resolved that problem too.  I am pleased with what I made I am hoping Amy was too.

The style is a Diorama card & here are the photos of it under construction;


This is the inside back, with the heart topper to hold the sentiment along with some flower embellishments.


This is the front with it's heart shaped aperture & embellishments.  The flourish is one of Tattered Lace dies & the flowers were from an inexpensive die I got at the local craft shop.


Here is the card put together.
On the trial put together I realised the way I had made this design there was nowhere to write our names, so .....................


................ on the back I placed another heart (aligned with the one inside) onto which I had stamped "Happy Wedding Day", but only adhered it by its sides so that I could pop a little tag with our names on inside the little pocket it created.

I have just photographed 2 of the CSNW 2014 project books - so when I have loaded them on to my laptop I will blog them on here for you to see.

I also have a "Silver Wedding Anniversary" card to show you.
Back later - 'by for now.

ps - I will be back!



Comments

  1. Hi Gloria, I'm glad you enjoyed using the template, it looks really good, amazing how 2 totally different colours go so well,Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the idea Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko