A birthday card

Good afternoon everyone & what another beautiful day.

This morning I had a rubber stamping workshop & we played with Distress Inks - great fun - so I got a couple of dirty fingers.

Today I have a recently made birthday card to show you, that has the same style as the Thinking Of You card I showed yesterday;


The base card is black & I found a piece of yellow card that went very well with the yellow Promarker I was going to use, & added a black ribbon with a black & white chequered ribbon over it along with a bow.

This design was made the same way as the other card - the image was stamped twice in black ink which I then embossed with clear EP.  A third image was stamped & coloured in & then cut out.  In one respect this was easier to cut out as there was no part of the image that was as fine as the other design.  BUT. There were white spaces between the long thin leaves that I had to remove so that the black & white design underneath showed through.  So using my brain (for a change!!) I cut out those pieces before I cut out the main image.  It did make the image a bit fragile but had I done it the other way round I think I would have ended up slicing the flower in two.

I like this design & will use it again.

That's me for today.  'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko