a thinking of you card

Good afternoon everyone I hope you are all well.

Today I have a "thinking of you" card to show you which I made on behalf of the CSNW ladies to send to a club member who had had a nasty fall.


This card was inspired by some cards I spotted on the Internet when looking around recently & thought I would try my own take on it.

After deciding what colour I was going to make the main image, I then searched out card & ribbon to decorate it.  The base card is a folded black card with a pink layer on it, then the image stamped twice in black on there.  I then took a piece of white card & stamped & coloured another flower, which was followed by the trickiest part of the whole thing - cutting it out.  That stem is really that thin.  Next stage was to glue the coloured image over the others & glue the whole thing to the pink card after wrapping the ribbons around it.  A few gems in the top of the panel to set it off.

I did do one thing incorrectly - I didn't stamp the "thinking of you" until I had put the whole card together.  So, a bit of a risk.  I don't know how I managed to forget to do it first.  The inside was finished with a matching pink insert.

I was so pleased with the card, that I made another one with different flowers.  Will show that to you tomorrow possibly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post