Mold II photos - part 2

Hi everyone - sorry I didn't get back again yesterday with these photos - but I am afraid I got my head stuck into something.  Figuratively that is - I didn't get my head stuck somewhere.

Nadine, our daughter-in-law has asked me to research her dad's family history - so of course as soon as things started to get interesting I couldn't stop.  I am glad to say it is going well.

Now to Mold II - the photos today are of their project from their evening which was the technique of using tissue.  Most ladies produced backgrounds to play with later,&  some managed to get some stamping done over the top. You really should wait until the card is dry (or hasten the process with the heat gun) as otherwise your stamping can bleed a bit or not come out fully.  Here are their cards;


Two nice pieces from Annette. I particularly like the hydrangea flower on the multi-stripe background.



Three pieces from Betty.  That crinkle in the blue of the top image makes the blue look like it has clouds, doesn't it?



Four lots of backgrounds from Carolyn plus ...


.... these 2 lovely pieces.  The backgrounds set the stamped images off so well.


Two great backgrounds from Christine.  The top one makes a great landscape background & the lower one is very ethereal. Is that the right word?  I am sure that's the word I mean.


Dot produced these backgrounds - such a contrast in depth of colour between them



Two great autumnal styles from Elizabeth.  I particularly like the lower one - to me the white spaces could be water reflecting the colours above.  Wow! where did that come from?





Four pieces from Helen.  I think the 2 with the butterfly on would look good cut out & that bottom background is particularly interesting.


Three backgrounds from Liz - the dark stripey one looks really good & striking.


I love the soft background on this one by Phyllis - the colours seem to shimmer on the glossy card.

and finally



the ladies hard at work.

It was a great evening.

All 3 clubs have now had a good go at this technique & seeing as I bought rather a large pack of the tissue I have a fair amount left.  So I thought I would cut some of it up into smaller strips & put them in little cello bags to sell at each club.  Won't cost much - but I won't be able to use all of the tissue I have left.  This particular tissue was a special one as I explained at the meetings - when wet - it bleeds.

If any of you try the technique with other types of tissue - please let me know what the results are like because it is always good to hear that these things can be done without costing too much money.

Right I still have quite a few birthday cards to show you - so I had better get on with that post. I think it will still take 2 more posts - so will do one later & then the other one in the morning.

That's me for now - got to find some more time for family history searches...  'Byee.

Comments

  1. The more I see of this technique the more I like it :) I was very happy with the cards I made from my samples, when cut into smaller pieces they looked so different.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko