Mold II photos - part 2

Good afternoon ladies & hello again today.

This post I have the photos from the first project we worked on last night.  The evening was spent trying a couple of new techniques - well new to the club projects anyway - with alcohol inks.

I think both projects were fun to do & you just didn't know how things were going to turn out.  The first project was using the inks on acetate & the important tool - was - a STRAW!.  Now it doesn't take too much thought to realise that where a straw is involved there is going to be either drinking or blowing. Whilst these are called alcohol inks - they certainly aren't for drinking - so it had to be blowing.

You can get some great backgrounds (as you will see) - but if your droplets turn into good shapes you can be more artistic (as you will also see).  Of course I wasn't inside the ladies heads so don't know if the shapes were created casually or deliberately to create a shape.  Here we go - have a look & see what shapes you can see in the designs;



Annette created 2 quite differently coloured pieces. In the top one I see branches of leaves & flowers something like fuchsias & other droplet flowers.


Betty's background could be turned into a little cluster of blue flowers with some fine-liner pen work. Don't you agree?


If Carol adds some fine line work to this piece - there are some flower shapes there too. That shape at the top in the middle reminds me of a rose.


Carolyn - I see anemones here, particularly sea anemones.


Dot's card just shows perfectly what I was talking about.  She grabbed a fine-liner pen & added interest to her piece.  I don't know if she deliberately created those shapes to achieve this.


Elma in your card I see a rather large bell shape flower on the bottom left corner.  What do you think ladies?


In Helen's card there is definitely a bouquet - possibly being caught as the wind ruffled through it.


Lin's card is another one of those that with some fine lines added, a special feature can be created. Those blue-green shapes look a little like shells.


In Liz's piece, to me these are like strands of seaweed floating in the water.


In Sue's creation I can see lots of little things.  I went back & played with it.  Changing its orientation & just for fun I spotted this;


Sorry Sue - but it just popped out, & some of those little purple pieces look like people doing exercises.

I actually wrote this post for the blog at about 2:30 pm this afternoon, but scheduled it for 6:30pm so I can promise you no alcohol was imbibed before writing about these pieces. I did get carried away a bit, didn't I!

So, Mold & CSNW your time will come soon to have this play.

I don't normally pick one entry out for any particular mention but I am putting Dot's piece here again - a little larger - so you can clearly see how she turned those splodges into leaves & flowers;


Well done everybody - I was a bit worried about this project as not everyone is in to these sorts of inks - but I got the impression you enjoyed it.

One last photo - Elma decided to try this on a piece of Miri board - this was the result;


What a great finish!


More photos tomorrow of the second project we worked on.
'Bye for now.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post