some work in progress

Good evening everyone I trust you all had a great weekend.

Bob & I had a nice lazy one. After doing the weekly shop on Saturday we popped into a newly found snack bar near us called "Chocks away!".  I had been told about it by one of my ladies in the crochet group.  It is on the edge of Hawarden airport actually within the airport grounds, & you have a great view of the runway whilst eating.  Actually snack bar is not a good enough title it is a small restaurant - & food is great.

On Sunday we decided to have a run out into the countryside, & the countryside was truly where we went.  Bob loves taking little roads to see where they go - so despite our rather large car - we got to see some fantastic views. We drove out past Betws-y-Coed up into the hills & all around - lost track of the names of places we went through, & the different weather fronts as well.  We ended up in a little country pub we found recently for a very nice meal then the drive home.

Anyway - I was going to talk about work in progress.  I have some photos today - only 2 - of some small bits I am working on.


This first one is a technique using Alcohol inks - that I will be in fact be showing you at club nights. This is the start & over the next couple of days I will have to decide on the next stage.  As you can tell this is another part of my search for more abstract style backgrounds.


You will, I hope, remember the various canvases I have created during this last 12 months - one of which had cogs & things on.  So I decided I wanted to take this a bit further & so today from B&Q I bought some washers.  Metal ones not those rubber sort.  The top one in each group shows the original washer - the others show the effect of using alcohol inks on them.  I want some for a canvas - but also my youngest nephew is 27 this week & it is time for a birthday card. I don't want to buy one. He is made about motorbikes, races them in fact, so I thought if I got a few bits & bobs like this sorted & some masculine style distressed backgrounds I might be able to produce a slightly different card.  So! as usual - watch this space.

I also worked on a note book folder that I had been show a few weeks ago.  I hope to finish it over the next couple of days & will show it to you then.

I hope you have all been able to find time for some crafting.  Take care. 'Bye for now.

Comments

  1. Love the teasers Gloria ;) I've done the washer/alcohol ink stuff myself, they look great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post