chatting & a card

Good afternoon everyone & what a lovely afternoon it is too!  I hope you are all having an enjoyable weekend.

On Friday after our bed settee had been collected we did go out for a walk, but took a little drive first. We drove over to Holt & took a walk along the river & back.  It was very pleasant & we met lots of people out walking their dogs & a man who had a white van that he was converting the inside of.  It looked almost like one of those Romany caravans on the inside.  Lots of lovely folk painting, plates on the walls & brasses.  He showed us the inside - where he had a little kitchenette space & a settee that folded out to make a double bed.  He was still doing some of the detail painting.  I really should have taken a photo.

The card?  Well tomorrow (Monday) our daughter-in-law Nadine is starting a new job, so of course it was a reason for making a card; -


I made it from a piece of cream card that matched the cream base card.  In making this card I got to use one of those embossing folders I showed you a day or two ago plus some of those flowers I had stamped, & then put together on holiday.  I knew an occasion would arise whereby I could use them.

The embossing folder was bigger than the card I was using - so the design had to be trimmed back to fit.  I used peel off letters to put the sentiment on the front as I didn't have an appropriate new job stamp.

I have several special cards to make this week - so tomorrow I must pull my socks up & get on with them.

That's me for today. More tomorrow.  'Bye for now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko