Wednesday, 16 September 2015

two anniversary cards

Good evening ladies.

Before I tell you about the 2 anniversary cards - you may recall I went on a bit about Crafters Companion die-sire Edge'able dies.  Well, I received a comment from Clare of Mold club (& previously of Crafty Sues in Mold) saying that she had heard that cheap nappy sacks are good to use between the card & the die.  I have published her comment on this post.

I must try that sometime & will report back to you.

Now the anniversary cards - this is the 50th anniversary that I have been telling you about.  There are 2 cards because I was also asked to make one to be sent from the group.



This is the one to be sent from the group & was created by using some more of  that Hunkydory pack that I won some time ago.  This time I used one of the A4 card stock pieces & cut it down to create my 6x6 base card - keeping the gilded border for the edge.


This is the card from Bob & I. 

It is a scalloped edge 8x8 card & I embossed a piece of gold card & trimmed it down to layer on the base card.  Next I used a rectangular scalloped edge die I have & die-cut a plain piece of gold card. This was followed by another piece of embossed card die-cut with a smaller rectangular scalloped edge die.  In a box, I had this die cut gold rose image.  I just chose the two top layers without using the main image (which was on a white base) & I covered them with Glossy Accents & a light sprinkle of glitter.  I used a Dreamees flower stamp in 2 sizes to stamp on gold paper to create the flower.  I wanted to lift these a bit & found I had a jar of "Imprintz" embossing powder called Spring. No idea where I got it from.  It's a sort of white gold with a green tinge, but the green is only very light.  As I layered it all together to test the layout I though it needed a lift.  So, I placed a piece of DSST across the middle of the bottom layer & used my Gilding flakes.  After I had added the sparkly peel-of "50" I thought the stamped flowers needed something - so I pinched the centres from the 6's on my peel-off set & used those for the centres of the stamped flowers.

I was very pleased with these two cards especially as now & again things didn't seem right or didn't go well. So much so in fact that the 8x8 is slightly different to how I had originally had in mind.  One of the first alterations happened when I started to glue my stamped flowers onto the card.  Originally I was going to have one at top left & one at bottom right.  As I glued the top left one I dropped it & it left a mark on the gold card just below where I was going to glue it.  The only way to cover the mark was to glue the other flower over it.  This meant 2 more flowers to go in the bottom right to match. 

I hope the couple will like both cards.

Tomorrow sees the September meeting of the Mold club - so Friday should see photos from the meeting.  My car is due its first MOT, which it is having on Friday - so that will use up part of the day.

I am off to bed - sleep well.  Night night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts