a recent birthday card

Good afternoon everyone & how nice it is to see the sun shining this afternoon after the dreadful downpour this morning.

The photo I have this afternoon is of the birthday card I made for our son-in-law in USA whose birthday it is at the start of November.

It is always more difficult to make cards for men I find, especially if you are not so close to them that you have an idea of interests etc.  Recently I spent some time on Pinterest (if you don't know what that is - just Google it & take a look around), looking for ideas for men's cards.  In particular over the last few days for quick & easy makes.  Of course once you find designs you have to hope you have materials & embellishments to make something very similar.

Here is my card;


I chose a Kraft scalloped edge card & looked out some nice dark brown card which I put through my watch embossing folder.  Having decided to layer the brown card onto gold to lift it I die-cut the Happy Birthday also in gold. This die was free on a magazine some time ago & it is the first time I have used it.  It cut very cleanly & I quite like it. Then to lift it again I embossed a small square of gold card in the watch embossing folder placing it over just one of the watches.  All the pieces were then layered onto the main card.

It went straight to the post office yesterday morning & the lady at the counter said that currently they were taking about 5 - 6 days.  But that is from here to there.  Their internal post is very different - but even so, that still leaves it another 5 - 6 days to reach him.

So that is one November card done & 2 more to do.

Each Christmas for a while now I have made 15 Christmas cards for Bob to send out, so yesterday he asked if I would be doing him some this year. For a couple of those years I have created a design, asked his approval, & then created all 15 the same - he is happy for me to do that again this year.  So I am now off to think about a quick & easy design.  Will let you know what I come up with.

Don't forget the clocks tonight!


Enjoy the extra hour

'Bye for now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko