a birthday card

Hello everyone I do hope you had a good weekend.

We had a lovely family evening on Saturday when we met up for a family birthday meal.  It was Nadine's birthday on Friday, & Gareth & Elayne had also had birthdays during October.  We hadn't had a birthday meal with all 6 of us together for some time - so it was very special, especially as there were 7 of us as we joined by Gareth's stepson as well.  Lovely!

I think I mentioned that one of Bobs work colleagues had a birthday this month & that he would be 50. Eventually after sitting & staring at bits & pieces I did get some inspiration & here is the card I made;


I remembered that I had some CD's of papers, toppers etc for men from a Company called Jems Designs & they have quite a few vintage styles on them.  I ended up choosing these vintage watches because I have an embossing folder with some on as well & thought I would be able to incorporate it all.  But I didn't like it so much so didn't  use the embossing folder.  I decided to make a largish card & folded an A4 sheet of cream card in half.  Then I printed out a sheet of the backing paper choosing their vellum print.  It is actually designed for printing on vellum, but also gives a nice faded background paper.  I then resized one of the toppers & printed it out twice & layered one onto contrasting card.  Before doing that I aged the topper & background sheet by going around the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I then decided that the birthday sentiment would make a change on the outside of the card which I stamped, along with the 50, in black ink & then heat embossed with clear EP.


This is the inside & again I used a sheet of the vellum background print for my insert, & cut out the other topper from its frame & adhered it to the right-hand side of the insert & the just added brief hand-written greeting.

I was rather pleased with the finished card, as I personally don't know him very well & so it was difficult to decide on a design.  I hope he likes it.

That is me for today - I have another card to show you tomorrow.  But first I will have to go to the Doctor for my flu jab. Bob is having his as well.

'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko