A trial Christmas card

Good afternoon ladies it seems like those high winds have dropped for a while.  It is so sad to see the trees stripped of their leaves so quickly.

Today I have a Christmas card to show you using the technique that Joanna showed Mold & Mold II clubs recently.  I think it will probably be the design I use for Bob's 15 cards that I make for him as he did like it.  I think I can manage 15 like that, with some slight variation of course.

Here is a photo - but - you are to ignore the slight error;


The error is that I got a little enthusiastic with the inking session & went over my masking tape.  I think post-it notes are better as they are bigger & will cover the area better. So there is a slight line just down from the top of the card right across the card.

The sentiment being on the slant is not an error.  That was absolutely straight on my acrylic block & I aligned the top edge of the block with the lines on my glass mat.  Looking at the stamp closely it looks as if it is meant to be on a slight slant. But I shall try it out again a few times to check.

I have two family "jobs" at the moment. One is writing up the findings of my research into Nadine's Dads family history, plus the other is working on a wedding cross stitch sampler for Gareth & Elayne. It wasn't to be a present, Elayne bought it herself I am just doing the work.  Whilst I have had this awful cough I have not done much to it, as I do not want to cough all over it.  The family history research is nearly written up & I have to concentrate on it at the moment as Nadine's parents will be up here at the beginning of December & she would like to give it to him then. So I will soon be on cross stitching sessions again.  Both jobs have been great to do, or are great to do I suppose, seeing as I haven't finished yet.

That's me for today - off tomorrow to have my eyes tested. These tests seem to come around quicker & quicker these days. 

'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post