A birthday card

Good evening everyone

I have just had a quick check on what it is was I wrote about last & noticed that I actually started with .................. "God evening" ..................

Now computers are wonderful things & I always run a spell check - but of course it doesn't work in the example above.  So sorry about that.

I have been quite busy over the weekend wiht making Christmas cards & most of it them in sets. One set was for the people with whom I go to lunch once a month & the the other set was the 15 for Bob. I have also made some other Christmas cards for me.  That is, the ones that I send out other than those already mentioned.

But yesterday I took a few moments away from Christmas to make a birthday card for an elderly cousin of mine  - who will be 89 this week.

I was quite fortunate in the fact that I did have a a basis for his card - my demo at the CSNW meeting last Wednesday of the one layer card.  I had done quite a few in those shades of blue & felt that I needed a change so I did more autumnal colours.  When I looked at it the next day I knew it would be just right for the birthday card.  Here it is;


The leaves are from a set by Clearly Besotted, the "Happy Birthday" is an unmounted rubber stamp I have had for ages & the flowers were from a five-petal punch which I coloured with inks similar to the strip on the card.  The leaves were embossed in Moon Glow EP -  Midnight Emerald Obsidian - which is a beautiful dark green.

My cousin loves his garden & I hope that he will love this card & it is not over flowery & therefore not feminine.

I will have some ore Christmas card photos for you tomorrow.

I hope your preparations for Christmas are going well.  That's me for tonight.  Night night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko