Start early for ...................

................ Christmas.

Hi ladies - do you tell yourself this & then leave it until quite late?

Last Christmas I was so late starting that there was a bit of a rush towards the end & I started to worry I had missed people on the list.  So I promised myself I would start earlier this year & I have!

I made my first 2016 Christmas card this afternoon;


The stamp I bought in a sale just after Christmas & thought it would help kick start me for this year. It's a long thin stamp as you can see & it needs carefully pressing down along its length to make sure the ink contacts the card all the way.  

I have quite a collection of tall narrow cream cards so felt I should start to use them & this stamp was just right.  I stamped it with Versamark Ink & heat embossed with Gold EP, Then I coloured it in with my Promarker pens. I added a covering of clear Wink of Stella Ink so that it has a little sheen. The stamp came with 3 message stamps & this one I stamped & embossed in gold & then like the main image layered it onto red mirri card & placed it across the candle on sticky pads. A few sparkly red gems finished it off.

I am hoping to use this stamp a few times in different ways - so watch this space.

Before settling down to create this card I had a very pleasant couple of hours chat & lunch with Sue.

Right that is me for today.  It is the March meeting of the CSNW club so tomorrow evening so I  must make sure my box is ready & then there will be photos for you to see on Thursday & Friday.

'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post