a recent birthday card

Good morning everyone I hope you are having a good weekend.

Today I have a photo of a card I made during the week using a freebie set off of a magazine. The set consisted of an embossing folder, a large floral stamp, & a Happy Birthday greeting stamp.

Here is one of the cards I made;


I embossed the aperture design straight onto a square card & then stamped the rose in black ink & heat embossed it with clear EP.  The colouring was done using my water brush & my favourite pearlescent water colour paints (my cheapie set).  A little bow on the stem & a rather small Happy Birthday finished the design.  This is not the Happy Birthday stamp that was part of the freebie set - that was a little too large for the way I made this card.  It is a very nice HB with little rosebud flourishes at each end.


This was my final touch - on a couple of petals I dropped a little Glossy Accents to create dew drops.

I also made another card which I will show you tomorrow - I can see me using this freebie in quite a few different ways over the next few months.  Yesterday I also picked up the "Creative Stamping" magazine that has an A4 freebie sheet of stamps on it. They do have them with each issue - but this one really caught my eye & I hope to play with it tomorrow.

Last night Bob & I went to Theatr Clwyd to see "Twelfth Night".  I didn't know anything about the pay so had a read about it on Friday.  This version was a very different take on the play - modern dress, no scenery & lots of rock music.  I can't say I didn't like it, but it just wasn't me.  Bob quite enjoyed it though. I think I prefer traditional performances of that type of play.  We had been to Theatr Clwyd some years back to see another Shakespeare play - The Tempest.  That too was modern & actually quite weird - I didn't have a clue what was going on. For that one I don't think Bob was too impressed either & he likes his Shakespeare.  Anyway it all adds to lifes experiences doesn't it.

That's me - bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko