another recent card

Good afternoon everyone

Today I have a photo of the second card I made during last week using the freebie folder & stamps. Although I only used the stamp for this one.  In my stash of ready folded cards I had a few pre-embossed cards that I was given as part of a card making set.  So I thought it was time to use some of them - well one anyway.


In the centre of the pre-embossed card was a small plain panel which meant I had somewhere to glue the rose.

I stamped the rose in black ink & heat embossed with clear EP.  I then coloured it, once again, with my faithful water brush & pearlescent paints.  After painting the flower I cut it out & then placed it on the card on foam sticky pads.  I used the small "Happy Birthday" from another freebie set & cut around it to make a small shaped tag. Some faux stitching just lifted the tag from the background of the card.

Today I have had to make 2 Sympathy cards.  Yesterday I heard from my cousin that his mother, also my cousin, had passed away early on Saturday morning, & then a little later into Sunday I had a phone call to say an elderly colleague had also passed away.  Both ladies were in their 96th year.  So a sad day.

That's me for today.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post