My set of tags

Good afternoon ladies - I cannot believe it is another weekend here already.  Just where are these days going!

I thought it was time I showcased the tags I made for the 2015 project.  Because I made them for all 3 clubs I decided to keep them fairly simple (that is - simple for me to make, not simple to look at!!!!).

Just to make this post a little more interesting I thought I would show you the creativity in its various stages - because I can - te he :)


I decided to make the actual tags a little smaller than the stated size & the layer theme onto black card.  This photo shows the first stage where I have coloured the white tags with Distress Ink in the 6 colours I chose.


The next stage was to put a subtle background on them & I used a text stamp I have along with the same Distress Ink colour as was used on the background


Next I used black archival ink to stamp some silhouette grasses on the tags.I do love these stamps, they are from Stamps Away - who also trade as Clever Cuts.


Then added the word "friendship"


After some thought I decided to put a 3-d butterfly on each tag.  This particular stamp has a matching die......


...... so here they all are cut out.  They are from Clearly Besotted.


Now! - my original idea was to take 6 pieces of white card & colour them with the Distress Inks I had chosen. Then stamp the butterflies & die cut them.  But - my head got a bit behind my processing of the idea & I had die cut the butterflies before I realised I hadn't done that.  So I had to colour each individual butterfly, then stick them onto the tags.

I then layered them onto black tags (the correct size) & added some black ribbon.


Here is a photo of all 41 finished & laid out in the numbers for the 3 clubs plus 3 for me to keep for myself - 1 per club.


Here's a close up of one of each colour.  I decided at the last minute to add a little bit of sparkle & bling to the butterflies by going over them with a Clear Wink of Stella brush & adding 2 tiny gems on their body.

I really enjoyed making those.  I hope you like receiving them.

Have a great weekend.  'Bye for now.

OOPS! Nearly forgot ............ pop back to the post about my disaster topper & see Rita's (of Mold II club) comment.

'Byee.

Comments

  1. Wonderful Gloria and thank you for sharing the stages for your lovely tags.Look forward to seeing you in near future Amy x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post