some cards from a demo

Good morning everyone.

I have just had a quick look back through the blog & it doesn't look like I have already shown these cards to you.

Back in May I was the demonstrator at a club night for the Happy Stampers Festival club & chose to show them some one-layer cards.

Here are some of the cards.  Some I took along with me & a couple I created on the evening;


For this one I just masked off a small square area & used Distress Inks, Black Archival inks & a freebie stamp, then added the little bow.


This one I used the torn paper technique, creating a layered background with the round blending tool to create circles, a script stamp in one of the background colours.  Underneath the butterflies it is white. This I achieved by die-cutting the matching butterfly shape & using them as masks.    Then I stamped the butterfly into the blank space.
After finishing the card for me it felt unbalanced - it needs a butterfly in the top right hand corner. This is something I will do later.


Another torn paper technique this time with 2 different shades of one colour to give the appearance of paper or card with a coloured core. The flowers were stamped in black ink & the petals "bleached" out with water.


A more formal one layer strip. I have drawn a black line each side of the strip with a fine line pen to give the appearance of it being layered onto black card.



This time I used Kraft card & a strip of mixed blue & pink ink, again lined with black fine line pen.
The stamping was done before I drew the black line so that I could have the design off the strip. The white embossed plant was done once the other inks were dry.


A similar idea to the card above.  I do like to have the mages go outside of the coloured strip.
I noticed that I didn't do this very straight, but hopefully the wide element at the bottom hides that to a degree.  
Mind you, now I have told you about it - it won't will it.


This card I used the torn paper technique again working upwards & downwards, then stamped the flowers inside the strip.  I added a little colour to the centre of the flowers to lift them. Then I stamped the greeting in black ink.  After looking at the card for a while I decided to colour in the letters of the greeting to match the rest of the design.  It did tie it all together better.

I do like making these one-layer cards as they are reasonable quick to make, they keep the postage down & it means I always have a card ready for an emergency.

Have a good day.  I have a crochet workshop this afternoon - so must get my things ready.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko